Pickup and Return Guidelines
The HCC libraries have over 600 netbooks available for HCC students to check out and use either at home or on campus.
- Only current full- and part-time HCC students in good standing with the libraries (no overdue materials) may borrow a netbook.
- Students must have a current HCC Student ID card or a state or national ID card.
- Netbooks are available for 3 week checkout periods.
- Netbooks may be renewed online or in person within three days of the due date. They may renewed twice.
- Staff may place hold requests for delivery to a selected HCC library or ERC.
- Netbooks will be held for pickup no more than two days following notification of availability.
- Approximately 4 days after an overdue notice is sent, a second overdue notice will be sent and a negative service indicator for $200 dollars and a $10 processing fee, will be placed on the borrower's record.
- Police reports will be filed for netbooks overdue a month or more or reported stolen or missing by borrowers.
- Netbooks must be returned without damage.
- Repair costs for damaged netbooks may be charged to the borrower
- A $10 processing fee will be assessed for items not returned to the libraries.
- A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for missing cords
- Students are responsible for removing all personal information from the netbooks prior to returning them to the library. The library has provided a software tool for the students to use for this purpose. The HCC Libraries will not be held responsible for personal information not removed by students.