The HCC libraries have over 600 netbooks available for HCC students to check out and use either at home or on campus.
- Only current full- and part-time HCC students in good standing with the libraries (no overdue materials) may borrow a netbook.
- Students must have a current HCC Student ID card or a state or national ID card.
- Devices are due at the end of the current semester’s enrollment. In the case of withdrawal from all HCC classes, all HCC library materials, including devices, must be returned immediately. Students who are enrolled for subsequent semesters may bring the device to the library for an additional semester renewal.
- Devices may not be renewed online. Log in to your HCC Library account.to find the due date. You will receive a courtesy notice 3 days before the due date.
- Staff may place hold requests for delivery to a selected HCC library or ERC.
- Netbooks will be held for pickup no more than two days following notification of availability.
- Approximately 4 days after an overdue notice is sent, a second overdue notice will be sent and a negative service indicator for $200 dollars and a $10 processing fee, will be placed on the borrower's record.
- Police reports will be filed for netbooks overdue a month or more or reported stolen or missing by borrowers.
- Netbooks must be returned without damage.
- Repair costs for damaged netbooks may be charged to the borrower
- A $10 processing fee will be assessed for items not returned to the libraries.
- A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for missing cords
- Students are responsible for removing all personal information from the netbooks prior to returning them to the library. The library has provided a software tool for the students to use for this purpose. The HCC Libraries will not be held responsible for personal information not removed by students.
The borrower is responsible for reporting the loss, damage, or theft of the netbook immediately by completing the Reporting Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Device form
. In addition, the borrower should contact the library and return damaged items, if applicable. At that time, library staff and HCC IT will determine any fees.