Spring Branch - 3D Printing
Three dimensional (3D) printing is an innovative technology that helps students create a prototype from a digital model. HCC Libraries offer 3D printing in 10 different library locations. There are other departments at HCC such as the iDeas Studio and Curriculum Innovation which also offers 3D printing options.
- You must schedule an appointment to meet with a library staff member to discuss your 3D printing project.
- A staff member will preview the file in Ultimaker Cura, and follow-up with you to evaluate the digital object, resources, estimate a time completion and discuss file formats.
- Students must prepare the file and will have some assistance with printing.
- Printer is available during library hours and job must be complete prior to library closing. No overnight prints.
- Student does not have to remain in library during print.