The HCC libraries have over 900 Chromebooks available for current HCC students to check out and use either at home or on campus.
- Students must show proof that they are at least 18 years old to borrow a Chromebook.
- Only HCC students in good standing with the libraries (no overdue materials) may borrow a Chromebook.
- Students must have a current Student ID card.
- Only one device may be on loan at a time. Students may not check out more than one Chromebook, netbook or tablet or combination of the three
- Chromebooks are available for 3 week checkout periods.
- Chromebooks may be renewed online or in person within three days of the due date. Log in to your HCC Library account.to find the due date or to renew online. You will receive a courtesy notice 3 days before the due date.
Chromebooks may be renewed twice and then must be returned. Another may be checked out if available.
- Students may place hold requests for delivery to a selected HCC library or ERC.
- Chromebooks will be held for pickup no more than two days following notification of availability.
- Approximately 4 days after an overdue notice is sent, a second overdue notice will be sent and a negative service indicator for $230 dollars and a $10 processing fee for the Chromebook and a $25 replacement cost for the power cord, will be placed on the borrower's record.
- Police reports will be filed for Chromebooks overdue a month or more or reported stolen or missing by borrower.
- Chromebooks must be returned without damage. Repair or replacement costs for damaged Chromebooks will be charged to the borrower. A charge of $25.00 will be assessed for missing cords.
- Chromebooks are not laptops. All work should be saved to the student's Microsoft 365 account or to Google Drive.
- Personal information will be removed from the Chromebook upon logging out.
- Google @student.hccs.edu accounts will be suspended once students are no longer current.