What happens to your request after you press"submit"?
- Your request is transferred to the OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan system.
- HCC identifies up to 6 libraries to receive the request on a rolling basis.
- HCC prioritizes the libraries based on cost and proximity.
- Your request goes to the first library on the list, and may or may not be filled and sent to Library/LRC Support Services. There are many reasons for non-fulfillment. The item may be in use, or may be available for use only in-house.
- If the first library is unable to fill your request, it rolls to the next library on the list.
- Occasionally a request may be available only for a charge, in which case you will be notified.
- Once the request is filled, the item is sent to Library/LRC Support Services. If the item is available regionally, it will be sent via courier. Otherwise it will be sent book rate USPS.
- HCC will check the item out to you and send it to your preferred pickup library with a sleeve noting contact information and due date.
- Some libraries offer renewal services, but some do not. The item should be returned to Raul by the due date.
- HCC Library/LRC Support must pay for items that are not returned to the loaning library.