What Do Librarians and Library Staff Do?
The HCCS librarians and library staff provide a number of essential services for students and faculty:
- Personalized individual assistance is perhaps the most important of these services. Ask us for help--it's why we're here!
- Librarians also decide (with advice from other faculty, of course) which books, periodicals, reference materials, videos, etc., to add to the libraries' collections.
- Librarians teach individuals and groups of students how to use the library and its resources.
- We also design and arrange libraries for ease of use.
- Librarians and other staff make sure the library and the equipment in it are properly maintained.