The Process of Finding Information
Click the words in bold to learn more.
The process of finding scientific information is iterative and ongoing.
- your information need.
- the appropriate information format to fulfill the need.
- the information.
- your information need based on what you find.
1. Identify keywords that describe your topic.
2. Make sure you know the correct and current technical terms for the topic.
1. Check your assignment for any specific format requirements.
2. Review where different formats are located.
1. Conduct a search using your keywords and subject headings.
2. Use the features of the resource to your advantage.
1. Adjust your topic and keywords as necessary based on results.
2. Searching itself is a cycle. You may repeat this process several times.