Bias in Science Information
Please drag and drop words to their appropriate places below.
- Objectivity is an important idea in the scientific method.
- Personal and cultural beliefs influence both our perceptions and our interpretations of natural phenomena.
- Use of standard procedures and criteria minimize those influences when developing a theory.
- The scientific method attempts to minimize the influence of bias or prejudice in the experimenter when testing an hypothesis or a theory.
Knowing that bias exists will help you...
- recognize it when you see it.
- understand and analyze different perspectives about your topic.
- eliminate bias in your own work.