Check out this video: Evaluating Websites
When reviewing resources, it is essential that you ask yourself some questions to evaluate the credibility of any science information.
- Who? Author’s Credentials? Authority?
- Or is it an organization? Purpose of organization?
- Edited well? Spelling or grammar errors?
- Facts & information match other sources? Discrepancies?
- Are sources provided to make information verifiable?
- When was it written, posted, or published?
- Last revisions? Last updated?
- To inform? To persuade? To sell?
- Facts or Opinions?
- Is it objective, presenting multiple perspectives? Bias?
- Who is the intended audience?