Why is the Format Relevant?
- Information that is important to scientists comes in a variety of formats and categories.
- A researcher must explore various formats because different formats provide information suitable for different needs.
- Simply put, diverse formats meet different needs.
- Most likely, no one format will provide all the information you need.
- The format affects the ability of the researcher to:
- Search particular items for specific facts
- Manipulate data within it
- Determine what can be done with the information (e.g., download, forward, save)
If you know how science information is organized, then you will know where to look for it!